Tres elemento di buono assagairre; olio d'olivia, sale, et parmigiano.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Homemade Pretzels

For this next dish, I really have no claim to the recipe. I am a follower of one blogger who is most intriguing. My husband and I were home on a sunday afternoon, looking for something to do. We ended up in the kitchen doing my favorite hobby. Making food. He is such a sweetheart. We decided that pretzels would be fun to make. You can find the recipe at
http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/02/knotted-and-stacked-disappearing-acts/
Seriously. You are going to love these things. We took them over to my brother and sister in-laws house and ate them with warmed marinara sauce and a cheese dip. My cheese dip was super easy. All you need is:
3/4 cup of milk
1 Tbsp of melted butter
4 Tbsp of flour
                                                      1/2 cup of shredded cheese of your choice (I used pepper jack for this)
                                                       Salt and pepper to taste

In a small sauce pot, heat the milk and butter until warm. Do not boil. slowly stir in the flour until a smooth rue forms.  Once the flour is dissolved slowly stir in the cheese allowing it to melt into the sauce as you go. Once all of the cheese is melted and incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment